Judge: Errol Kelly
MCC TROPHY Topic: Natural History strict rules apply so you can re-renter your images into other competitions.
Natural History – Strict rules apply for this competition and are based on the PSNZ Rules for Nature, as current on the PSNZ website as of 1 February 2021.
- A total of four (4) images are allowed to be submitted. Two printed and Two digital images.
Full details of the rules: https://naturephotography.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PSNZ-Ethics-and-Nature-Rules.pdf
Summary of rules: below
- For our club's completition in March 2023 - there is no restiction to New Zealand and it's off shore islands - but if not - then please indicate the country the image was taken in the title. . .
- Subjects shall illustrate untamed animals, birds, and uncultivated plants in their natural habitat, astronomy, geology and phenomena not produced by man.
- Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects – such as barn owls or storks – adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, such as hurricanes or tidal waves. Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are allowed.
- Marine and botanical subjects (including fungi and algae) and naturalised subjects are allowed providing taken under natural conditions.
- Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are NOT eligible
- Colour images can be converted to greyscale monochrome.
- Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise are allowed.
- Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning. • Cropping is permitted.
Please sbmit your image(s) images under SET subject. Do not use Open. The title should include the scientific name, or common species name so the judge has reference for validation of your image. .
When the images are submitted to the judge, they will not be graded. However, we will still request a results and critique. The results will not be included in your end of year points for tophies. .
By submitting a NZ image, you may be selected for the yearly Natural History inter-club competition - the "Trenna Packer Salver Competition".. It will be added as a separate topic for furter details.